So happy to see Claire’s (Zero Waste Lockdown Survival Hamper winner) happy face in the paper today! Click on the image below to read the article!
I am delighted to announce the happy winner of the Zero Waste Lockdown Hamper competition: Claire!
The Hamper was delivered by Gary from The Car Free Guide today, and Claire was so happy to receive it! And what wonderful weather for delivery by bike and a photo!
I just met Gary and took delivery of this beautiful hamper. I’m absolutely over the moon, it’s just the most lovely thing ever! Thank you so much for organising it all and I truly feel so blessed to have been lucky enough to have won it!
Congratulations Claire! We look forward to hearing about your journey to Zero Waste living, and what you think of the products – ENJOY! (and do let us know when you do the cycle tour of Chester!)Continue reading “Winner of the Zero Waste Lockdown Survival Hamper”
In order to promote LOCAL(Northwich) businesses, we have joined together to offer you this amazing Zero Waste Lockdown Survival Hamper worth well over £100 !
- 2 balls of Stylecraft Naturals Bamboo & Cotton yarn (Aqua & Dusk), from Crafty Stitches
- We Are Family Shampoo Bar, from Weigh of the World
- We Are Family Conditioner Bar, from Weigh of the World
- Abda’s House Blend Coffee (ground for a Cafetiere), from Abda’s Ltd.
- Pack of Crocheted Bamboo / Cotton Face Wipes, from Dante’s Boutique
- Crocheted Rainbow Decoration, from Dante’s Boutique
- Wildwash Super Sensitive Dog Shampoo, from Ginger & Browns / Innoscent Spa
(Super Sensitive Shampoo with Organic Aloe Vera & Calendula – designed for dogs with allergy-prone skin. Very mild).
- 3 Body Cleansing and Nourishing Bars, from Lavandi
- 4 Organic Vegan Lip Balms, from Lavandi
- 3 Shampoo and Conditioning Bars, from Lavandi
- Two reusable face masks, made by myself! (choice of 2 from the 6 illustrated above)
- Picnic Hamper donated by Mantle Research & Consulting
- Two Free places on a Chester Cycle Tour
- Free delivery of the hamper by bicycle (within Northwich and surrounding villages), by The Car Free Guide!
Information on how to enter the draw to win this fabulous Survival Hamper can be found at the bottom of this post.Continue reading “GIVEAWAY! Zero Waste Lockdown Survival Hamper”
Guest Blog Post by David Blackhurst
For those who don’t know what it’s all about… There is a global trend which is growing in popularity around the world. The UK is now catching up! The basic premise is around minimalism, what do you actually ‘need’ to live and be comfortable?
When you start to strip away the shiny baubles, what we actually need/use on a regular basis surprises most people. I lived on a narrowboat for three years, but soon had to adapt to the ‘limited space’. At first I had things in storage, but over time I came to realise that (after six months) I hadn’t actually needed anything which was in the storage unit I was paying for.Continue reading “Is the ‘Tiny Home’ movement finally catching on in Britain?”
In November 2019, Eco Store, Weigh of the World, in Northwich opened – THIS was a game changer for me! Local, and a brilliant concept! (you can read my blog post here). In addition to buying my fresh fruit & vegetables from John Griffiths’ Green Grocers in Northwich, between the two of these shops, I found that I had 99% of what I needed!
However, many small, independent shops, both in Northwich and elsewhere, are experiencing a massive decrease in sales, despite remaining open during the lockdown – people are doing their main shops in supermarkets.
Before your supermarket shop, visit your local, small businesses first! Then only go to the supermarket if there is anything which you are unable to obtain!
It is more important than ever that we support our local businesses – especially through this time of crisis! Furthermore, buying locally reduces food miles, helps alleviate our dependence on fossil fuels, reduce air pollution and cuts back on greenhouse gas emissions.
With that in mind, I have collated a list of independent shops in NORTHWICH who are still open and operating, and what shopping options are available.
Independent Northwich Shops Open/Online during Lockdown:
- Abda’s Coffee Shop: Coffee and Tea can be ordered through their Facebook Page.
- Artisans Online: The Northwich Artisan Market is now online!
- Crafty Stitches: Online orders are being taken for delivery on Facebook
- FirthField Pet Stores: Open for business.
- Ginger & Browns: Pet Supplies at Blakemere – Open for online orders
- John Griffiths’ Greengrocers: 10 Witton St, Northwich – Open
- Northwich Art Shop: Get your art supplies online during COVID-19! Online Shop
- Sew Easy ~ The Sewing Shop: Taking orders via their Facebook Page.
- Weigh of the World – Open and on Facebook
(Please feel free to email me if any small business is missing – I am writing this on the fly!)
To help promote local (Eco/Zero Waste) businesses, I will be running a competition during then next couple of weeks – a lot of local companies have contributed items and I am in the process of putting together the COVID-19 Survival Prize Basket! Watch this space!
What I liked most is the fact that Lavandi are based in Northwich, Cheshire, where I live! Lavandi have seen the need for change and have created a range of recipes that are all-natural.Continue reading “Product Review: Lavandi Shampoo & Conditioning bars”
I was given the Chamomile and Bergamot deodorant to test by Weigh of the World about 4 weeks ago. And Lavandi provided me with two other versions to try – I took the Sports version and Sarah tried the Cedarwood and Sage.
What I liked most is the fact that Lavandi are based in Northwich, Cheshire, where I live! Lavandi have seen the need for change and have created a range of recipes that are all-natural. Lavandi’s Organic Vegan Deodorants are made from only the finest ingredients and are Zero Waste. With excellent absorption and odour control one application should last you all day, simply apply by pushing up from the bottom of the tube, then warming against your skin and then glide over the required area.Continue reading “Product Review: Lavandi Organic Vegan Deodorant”
I had waited with great anticipation for our new Eco Store, Weigh of the World, in Northwich to open – THIS is a game changer for me! Local, and brilliant!
Weigh of the World is an independent business in Northwich, Cheshire. They are a zero waste shop – this means that they provide customers with the ability to refill food and cleaning products into their own containers, buying as little or as much as they want and reducing packaging. They also sell toiletries and other everyday items that can be reused, helping people move away from single-use, throwaway items. Most important to me, is there commitment to be there for people who have dramatically changed their lifestyles towards zero waste, but more so that they are there for the people who just want to make small changes. Everyone has their own path!Continue reading “Northwich’s new Eco Store “Weigh of the World””